Oxford University Careers Service
The Oxford University Careers Service offers a wealth of tailored support to help University of Oxford students, researchers and alumni develop their skills and put themselves in the best possible position for entering the jobs market or progressing their career.
Through the Careers Service, you have access to one-to-one career advice, job fairs, career and employability information sessions and workshops, and skill development programmes to support your career journey and inform your job search and application process. While at Oxford, you can apply for exclusive UK-based and international internships that will help you get valuable work experience and develop professional skills.
Whatever career you are interested in, and whichever degree you are taking, the Oxford University Careers Service is there to provide expert advice and resources.
Events and services
- Advice appointments are available year-round. Oxford careers advisers offer objective, confidential careers guidance based on your individual needs.
- 职业服务运行 careers fairs to help Oxford students, researchers and alumni explore their options in a variety of employment sectors and meet hundreds of recruiters.
- A diverse range of careers and employability events are available each term, including information sessions and workshops run by Oxford careers advisers and visiting recruiters.
- The Internship Office runs the popular Summer Internship Programme, Micro-Internship Programme, Crankstart Internship Programme, Promentor Programme: An Alumni Mentoring Programme, offering exclusive internships and mentoring opportunities to Oxford University students.
- Careers Service programmes, such as the Oxford Strategy Challenge and the Student Consultancy, allow Oxford students and to build employability skills and add to their CV.
- Thousands of jobs and internship opportunities are advertised by employers on a virtual jobs board, CareerConnect.
- The Oxford Guide to Careers, a key yearly resource, is available to read and download for free.
If you have any questions, get in touch with the Careers Service on: firstname.lastname@example.org. or the Balliol contact, Hugh Lailey. For more information, visit the Careers Service website: www.careers.ox.ac.uk.
Career mentoring with Balliol alumni
Balliol has its own programme for connecting current Balliol students with Balliol alumni to discuss their career options and chosen industry: see Career Mentoring Sessions.